Classroom Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £27,186 - £42,192 This will increase in line with national increases and we currently pay £1,472 above the national pay scale for new ECTs
Start date: 01.09.2022
Contract: Fixed Term Maternity Cover, 01.09.2022 - 31.12.2022
Closing Date: 26.06.2022
We require a Classroom Teacher to join Newbridge Junior School. We are looking for someone who has the drive, passion and skills to work between our infant and junior schools. At our schools, we are very proud to have a diverse school community in which many languages, cultures and religions learn together. Both Penhale and Newbridge are very caring and forward thinking, we invest in our staff and use coaching and mentoring to develop skills and expertise.
We pride ourselves on providing a safe, stimulating, challenging and caring environment where children can develop intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially to be prepared for their future lives.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified teacher
- Be committed to contributing to our fully inclusive school, being proactive in adjusting support for pupils
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be committed to “Being your best self” and be keen to work collaboratively with colleagues across the school, hub and Trust.
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Be willing to engage with research informed practice
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.
We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.
Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chances
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £27,186 for all ECTs
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working at our school, benefitting from a supportive network of colleagues across our Trust, and are keen to progress your career then please apply today!
Visits to the schools are warmly welcomed; please contact Sarah Arthurs
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Newbridge Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.